A shrill scream resonates in the dead of the night. You jump out of bed, to realize your partner is missing. As your mind feverishly races to figure what has happened, your friends surround you and convey the bad news – your partner has been kidnapped. As you grapple with your socks and grab your trusty dog’s leash you realize you have only 2 hours before your friend could be killed. Your hands tremble as you command your dog to search. Questions race through your mind… who could it be? Could it be the cannibalistic tribe that lives in the neighbouring valley? Or the strange man who accosted your car on the way to the campsite? Another scream pierces the air. Visions of the person being tortured flood your mind. Can you find the lost person before it is too late?
Have you always dreamed of becoming Sherlock Holmes? Well, dream no more, join us for this unique opportunity to work hands-on with John Rogerson: canine scenting and crime scene investigation course – it teaches you how to train a dog to find anything – drugs, explosives, even a lost person. Are you up to the challenge? Do you have it in you to become Sherlock Bones? And train a dog to become Dr. ‘Paw’son? Then take up the gauntlet and read on.
Past courses of this type have included:
- Tracking, scent detection, advanced control and problem solving
- Team and relationship building exercises in a variety of groups
- Working on almost every exercise connected to controlling and having lots of fun with your dog
- The first couple of days you and your dog receive training to become a super sleuth
- The final days participants work in a small team of dogs and handlers while attempting to solve a heinous crime using your canine detective, your powers of observation, and problem solving skills to sort out the case
- Arson, explosive, firearm, and drug detection (real weapons, accelerants, explosives and drugs are NOT used)
This is going to be an Amazing experience! What a privilege it is for Wags unlimited to be hosting this fun learning opportunity. You can find more details here.
We’re booked in to do this course in Banff June 20-23, 2013 and the course sold out incredibly fast! Now it just so happens that *ONE* auditor spot has opened up as a cancellation. Some lucky person who has dreamed of getting in on a John Rogerson course will have a chance to join us…
Please Note: This course is not intended for law enforcement officers as it is a fun mystery course designed to “have some of the most fun you could ever imagine having with your dog” (quote from past course participant) as well as create new ideas for running dog training classes where there’s a real purpose and end result to the training.
So what do you need to join? Do you need a degree in forensics? Be able to shoot straight or run like the wind? Nah. What is needed is a huge amount of enthusiasm, the ability to get along with others and work in a small team, and… nerves of steel. This training course is like no other – can you handle the challenge? Yes? Then sign up today and don’t forget to bring along your thinking hat – you’ll need it!